prep time: 20 mins
cook time: 30
1 3/4 all purpose flour
1 cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup plant based milk
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of olive oil, coconut oil or vegan butter
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of vegan cookies
1 jaw of strawberry jam
1 cup of fresh strawberries (optional)
Follow my vegan nutella recipe here
or buy a vegan nutella (we recommend Nocciolata brand here)
1 tbsp of Nature’s Antidote Chaga mushroom extract here
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.Add the sugar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
4. Add the plant based milk, vanilla, oil and vinegar and give it a quick whisk with a hand whisk until just combined.
5. Crush cookies into small pieces and set aside.
6. Divide the batter evenly between them.
7. Slice strawberries and place on top of the batter.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a toothpick, insert into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean then your cake is done.
9. Once the cakes are cooled down, add the strawberry jam to one half, add cookie crumbs and add the other half of the cake on top. Frost the entire cake with the vegan nutella frosting.
10. Add more cookie crumbs and fresh strawberries if desired.